April 1, 2011

Hawaiiiiii

It's been awhile since I've been connected to the interwebs, that would be because we're currently in Hawaii. We've been here since tuesday night and it is amazing, the weather is nice (cloudy with some rain today tho), people some great hospitality and the sites are awesome. One thing that is difficult getting used to is the time difference here which is 6 hrs behind. So when we actually get to bed at night, around 11pm, it's 5am back home... pretty crazy.




Here is a view from our hotel room, Courtyard hotel (Thanks for the hook-up Matt).

Day 1:

Spent the day walking around everywhere, checking out the stores that we would never be able to afford such as Burburry, Ralph Lauren, LV, etc,. It was nice to look in :) Then we went to the beach, 6hrs in the sun. The water was refreshing. Ky Bear even came for a swim, she loves the water. The in-laws were brave and didn't put on sunblock for the first 4hrs or so... when I said "brave", I meant it b/c the ended up getting burnt. lol. Sorry I don't have pics to upload, i didn't bring my camera (all pics are uploads from my camera, and ones that I didn't have to rotate)

At night be walked around again. The night life is crazy here, lots of ppl walking the streets. We ended up going to a marketplace where we spent a lot of time at.

Day 2:

This day we went on a road trip to the Polynesian Cultural Centre. The way there took us along the coast, it was amazing! I wanted to stop everywhere I could just to take pics.

The PCC was where you can walk around and see the different lifestyles/cultures of Polynesia (Tonga, Fiji, Tahiti, etc). Each of them had their own show and games that you can interact in. I thought I would participate in a spear throwing contest. I know what you're all thinking, it's like Kinect javelin and I break records on it..., but it's nothing like that, it's under hand and you have a target. After two practice rounds, I shorted them both, so after Eva yells out "put some muscle in it!" I summoned my chee and let it go... right in the target! Catacutan Family represented! haha.



After that we watched some more shows (man, Tahiti dancers can shake their bootays), went to a luau (disappointing selection of desserts) and went to a big show. Basically all the different areas did their thing in a play-type-show of a man's journey through life. It was awesome... then they started going crazy spining fire and sheit, it was too carazy! I was in awe... the things they were doing boggled my mind, the speed and agility was too good. It was a good end to the show.



Above: a pic while we were waiting for one of the shows to begin.

Day 3:

The day started off with cocnut pancakes with coconut syrup, delicious! Not something I could eat everyday, but definately a change.

We traveled to the Dole Plantation, as you prolly already guessed it, it's where Dole juices grow their fruits. It was a nice site, we didn't actually walk around in the field since you had to pay but we walked around everywhere else. We have some pineapple ice cream, which Kya loved! (Below pic)



After that we traveled to a look out point which would have been a good site if it wasn't for the downpour of rain and the wind that made it soo cold. So, we went home early, hung out in the hotel and eventually went for dinner at a mall food court and walked around some more. While we were walking home Kya was falling alseep but we didn't want her too since she needed to take a shower, so we gave he a slight nudge and she woke up... for a second... she pulled herself up in the stroller and as she was leaning forward in her stroller she was sleeping, so cute!

And that was our first 3 days...

1 comment: